Well, well, well. Marc-y Marc Jacobs is using his love of Leonard Cohen and Lady GaGa to help the musical tastes of others. His signed and loaded orange iPod nano is being sold on eBay for the media and shopping site Tonic, which has staged a campaign to reinvigorate the US Gulf Coast music culture.
Bidding closes Thursday for the iPod, which has a playlist that I could have made you from my computer. But hey - I'm no designer, and it's for charity:
1. Poker Face (Lady GaGa)
2. Circus (Britney Spears)
3. Bounce feat. Missy Elliot, Justin Timberlake, & Dr. Dre (Timbaland)
4. Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)
5. Borderline (Madonna)
6. My Friend Goo (Sonic Youth)
7. Tears Dry on Their Own (Amy Winehouse)
8. Suzanne (Leonard Cohen)
9. Kool Thing (Sonic Youth)
10. No Scrubs (TLC)
11. Big Pimpin' feat. UGK (Jay-Z & UGK)
12. Fell in Love with a Girl (White Stripes)
Donna Karan is also selling an iPod, with a little bit of Bonnie Raitt, Annie Lennox and Peter Gabriel on its memory. Unbeige reported that Ellen Degeneres' iPod has already fetched a hefty $5,101, while Britney Spears' only made $851.