Cycle 19 of the America's Next Top Model is just around the corner and the press-ready stories are still coming in thick and fast. As you'll recall, in the midst of the attention surrounding Naomi Campbell's new show recently, Tyra Banks decided to sit down with the Post telling them that she nearly walked away from the show and now, on cue, another ANTM story has been emerged.
Talking to the Hollywood Reporter, Banks said that she got a call from her bosses at CW while she was in class at Harvard telling her to shake-up the show's line-up. 'I got a note that said you need to get out of class and take this call,' she told Page Six. 'My boss said...there are no sacred cows, and you have to do some crazy changes. It was a mandate.'
Back in June, Page Six reported that Lana Del Rey had shot a campaign for H&M in New York. At the time neither her camp nor H&M's press office denied the claim and now we know that the silence was because the reports were true because today, the first images from the campaign were leaked online.
The 'Video Games' singer works her trademark beehive hair and cat-winged black eyeliner in the campaign, shot by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, and looks good doing so. Is she the perfect face of H&M, though, I'm not sure.
'The mood is very L.A. noir,' Donald Schneider, H&M's creative director, said in a statement. 'It's inspired by our Fall 2012 collection,' and to accompany the images, Del Rey will also perform a cover of 'Blue Velvet' for a minifilm that will appear on hm.com and in commercials from September 19.
Despite the criticism constantly surrounding Lana Del Rey, brand seems to really like her. As you know, Mulberry named a bag after her back in February and now it looks like H&M might be getting on in the action.
Page Six reports that the 'Video Games' singer is currently shooting a campaign for the high street retailer. A source reportedly told the title that, 'She's shooting a H&M campaign in New York.' So far neither Del Rey's camp nor H&M's press office have denied the claims.
With only a few months to go before CarineRoitfeld launches her new magazine, CR Fashion Book, the industry is abuzz with excitment but if recent reports from Page Six are anything to go by, you can cross the powers that be from Condé Nast off that list.
According to the column, Condé’s chairman Jonathan Newhouse 'sent word to photographers including Mario Testino, Craig McDean, David Sims and the Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott team 'remininding' them of their exclusivity with Condé Nast to shoot for its titles including Vogue, W, Glamour, Vanity Fair and Allure.' Even those without exclusivity contracts have reportedly been discouraged from working with Roitfeld on the new venture.
Ever since it was announced that Schiaparelli will make a comeback, the rumour mill has been full of speculation about who will take the big creative director's job. The majority of people, like me, were desperate to see John Galliano join the brand as a part of a big comeback but Stefano Tonchi quashed the reports at the Met Gala last week. Jenna Lyons has a different idea.
This week the J. Crew president told the New York Post that she thinks Iris Apfel would be ideal for the role. 'She's so full of life, and she's got an incredible attitude,' she said. 'I don't think she'd want to, but I think she would be amazing.'
Kate Upton has really tried to push forward into the fashion world of late. That 'Cat Daddy' bikini video definitely didn't help but nonetheless, she hasn't been doing too badly. Over the past few months she's bagged a Muse magazine cover and has also appeared in an editorial shot by Terry Richardson in the latest issue of Harper's Bazaar. Despite her efforts, nobody expected the model to get an invite to the Met Ball on Monday and neither did she. If reports are anything to go by, she's taken matters into her own hands.
Today Page Six reports that the Sports Illustrated cover girl has paid $25,000 of her own money to make sure she could attend this year's Costume Institute Gala. According to sources, Upton will wear Michael Kors to the event and will sit at his table for the event. The move seems like quite a drastic one but one thing it does prove is that like her or not, she isn't going away any time soon.
Just when we thought Kelly Cutrone's appointment as a judge was the last big change on 'America's Next Top Model', the show's producers confirmed that that is not the end to the line-up changes. After 18 cycles Jay Manuel, J. Alexander and judge Nigel Barker have all been given the axe.
According to Page Six, all three were informed yesterday that their contracts would not be renewed for cycle 19 and interestingly, reports allege that producers are looking for a blogger to join the panel. 'We hear producers are looking to add a social media slant to the sow, and they've already reached out to bloggers and fashion insiders with a strong web presence, including street-style blogger Bryan Boy,' Page Six wrote. Fashionista contacted Bryan who revealed that contrary to reports, he hasn't bee n approached. 'I love Tyra and ANTM - I thin it would be amazing to make a cameo (hello Andre! hello Franca!) but no, nothing is in the works as of now,' he told the site. 'This is the first time I heard of this.'
If you loved Kate Moss' campaigns for David Yurman, you'll love her recent ad for Paris-based luxury jeweler Fred. Yes, Moss schmoozes the camera in the way that only she knows how, but it's not just that. The latter campaign seems to strike an uncanny resembelance to Moss' S/S12 campaign for David Yurman. Although the company aren't happy about it, they have no intention of suing. “When you are a leader in your category, you get used to people copying you. We are confident consumers know the difference,” a rep told Page Six.
Do you think the similarities are worth the controversy?
Yesterday Page Six said that André Leon Talley could be leaving 'America's Next Top Model' and this morning the Vogue editor confirmed the reports and denied that his decision was based on a disagreement with Tyra Banks. “It’s all good in the neighborhood,” he said. “I had a fabulous time. It was a mutual agreement. There is no unhappiness, at all.”
Kelly Cutrone is said to be his replacement and we couldn't think of a better candidate. After the PR mogul ended her reality TV reign we've been desperate to have her back on our screen and besides, who does honesty and tough love better than Cutrone?
It looks like one of our favourite celebrity designers won't be taking a bow this fashion week. According to reports, Gwen Stefani is swapping appearing at her upcoming L.A.M.B show in order to complete recording No Doubt's new album - their first in the last 10 years.
A spokesperson from the brand alluded to this in a statement to Page Six explaing that, “Given the extraordinary demands of working on three fashion lines while also finishing a new record, it is hard to say whether she will be able to attend the actual presentation in New York next month.”